Looking for a DIY project that’s simple and adds value to your home? Are you tired of seeing a dirty, stained garage floor? Consider a quick and easy garage floor transformation.
GarageCoatings.com offers its Roll On Rock® Epoxy Flake Flooring System and Lava Flow® Metallic Epoxy System garage floor coating kits to transform unsealed concrete into attractive, tough-as-nails flooring in just one day. These kits feature an exclusive, easy-to-install Direct to Concrete Epoxy system that is extra durable and long lasting. You can also get the Epoxy Floor Applicator Pack with all the brushes, rollers, and mixing and measuring tools that you’ll need to get the job done quickly and easily.
In addition to the enhanced beauty the Epoxy coating adds to your concrete, it also adds incredible strength that lasts a lifetime. The GarageCoatings.com Epoxy is the strongest in the business – more than three times stronger than the standard off-the-shelf Epoxy floor coating – making is resistant to scratches, scuffs, cracks and other damage. The proprietary “wicking” technology in GarageCoatings.com Epoxy base coat makes a floor flexible and almost bullet proof.
An Epoxy floor coating makes a concrete flooring resistant to spills and stains, abrasions, harsh chemicals and hot tires, extending the beauty and durability for a lifetime. It also makes the concrete easy to clean and maintain using water and a mild (non-filming) detergent, and requires no special maintenance or waxing. Additionally, the Epoxy is UV tolerant so the color of your floor won’t fade or cloud up over time, and it’s an ultra-low VOC green product that doesn’t harm the environment.
To enhance the look of any home, the Epoxy Flake comes in different flake sizes and more than 80 color treatments to choose from. The Lava Flow® Metallic Epoxy gives any floor a custom look since it is formulated to give a unique flow every time it’s used, so no two floors will ever look identical. There are almost 20 different colors with pigment and eFX packs to match any color scheme of a home or business.
One DIY customer used the Roll On Rock® Epoxy Flake Flooring System on his garage floor to create this beautiful, yet functional garage.
To successfully install an Epoxy floor, you need to follow certain steps to prep, install and cure the floor properly.
- Begin by picking the color and texture that you want to put on your floor and purchase the necessary supplies.
- Make sure to clean and prep. A clean, dry surface is best for the Epoxy coating. Be sure to read all the instructions included with the Epoxy Flooring kit before beginning.
- Apply the Direct to Concrete Epoxy Primer to the entire surface of the exposed concrete. This primer uses an advanced wicking system to get deeper, stronger adhesion than other primers on the market.
- Once the primer is in place, you can apply one coat of the flake by throwing it onto the wet Epoxy flooring until the floor is completely covered. Then you scrape off the loose flakes and are left with a uniform blanket of flake, delivering a beautiful Epoxy floor coating. To apply the Lava Flow metallic Epoxy, wait until the primer is fully cured and apply one of the 4800 Industrial Epoxy with the Metallic pigment mixed in. This gives the floor a smooth, glassy finish with color shifts and a subtle metallic sparkle.
- Once the Roll on Rock or Lava Flow have fully dried, apply a Polyurea topcoat for added scuff-resistance and gloss. The water-clear, high-gloss and high-build film of the Polyurea provides a beautiful topcoat finish that is extremely scratch resistant and will look great for years. The Polyurea is designed to dry fast. In most cases, you can return the items to your garage several hours after the topcoat has been applied and the car can be parked on it in a day or two.
If you wish to learn how to achieve best results with your Epoxy floor coating, you can sign up for the 1-day training workshops offered by GarageCoatings.com.
When you select one of the GarageCoatings.com Epoxy floor coatings, you’ll have the confidence of unparalleled quality, lasting beauty, and trouble-free durability. And, all of the GarageCoatings.com Epoxy flooring solutions come with a lifetime adhesion warranty for your protection and peace of mind.